What I really love about this salad is that each mouthful is an adventure in texture, conducted while taste buds are thoroughly stimulated.
· One pickled red pepper, diced
· As many jarred mushrooms as you can handle (the ones in oil)
· A sprinkling of toasted sunflower seeds, then some more
· Two handfuls of lettuce, finely shredded
For the dressing:
· An almost empty jar of harissa – about a teaspoon left
· Olive oil to fill the jar (about a tablespoon and a half)
· A dash of vinegar (about a dessert spoon and a half)
· Cous cous bake
· Hardy bread
Ok, so here’s what you do – spread the lettuce over a plate and add mushrooms, pepper, and most of the seeds. Add the liquids to the harissa and shake up. Pour some dressing on it and mix it up well. Sprinkle the remaining seeds over the salad, serve with cous cous bake and bread and enjoy!