Saturday, March 24, 2012

Vegan Breakfast Roll

I'm not sure how widespread this is, but in Ireland breakfast rolls are quite popular. There was even a song about it that was somewhat popular. Normally they're filled with bacon, sausages and pudding. Maybe eggs. So it's a hash brown and ketchup roll for anyone following a vegan diet. That's nothing to turn your nose at, it's actually pretty good. But I thought I'd try a fancier one.


This is beautiful! It consists of; Fried Cabbage (with Frank's Hot Sauce & Nutritional Yeast), Linda McCartney Veggie Sausages, Sliced Cooked Beetroot, Tomato Relish, and Lovage, served in a baguette. A great way to start a day. If you're not in a rush.

- Dara

5 comments:

  1. That looks really delicious - I've never tried a breakfast roll before, though I've seen breakfast sandwiches packaged up. What's lovage like, do you ever use it as a main ingredient or is it more of a garnish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a garnish here really, but it's good in soups. It's quite strong. There's more in the garden so I need to do more experimenting!

      Delete
  2. I tend to enjoy a vegan BTL know as facon bacon which I make from scratch myself, but this is really making my mother water too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Shaheen. Thanks! Your food looks delicious too! I'm going to put your blog in our recommendations!

      Delete
  3. Hello Dara and Gwen,
    Jeez, that's a mouthful of a sandwich! Looks delicious, proper Sunday morning gob-filler.
    We have voted you for a 'Kreativ Blogger Award' (http://thebeachhousekitchen.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/beach-house-kitchen-voted-for-a-kreativ-blogger-award/). Have a wee look, a great way of getting in touch with fellow good 'un's.
    Happy days. Thanks for blogging.
    Peace, Lee and JaneX (www.thebeachhousekitchen.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete